17-year-old shot during Port Richmond robbery
PHILADELPHIA - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 17-year-old boy was shot in the back during a robbery in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia.
It happened on January 28th at 11:50 p.m.
Police say the 17-year-old boy was sitting in LJ Café in the 2900 block of Frankford Avenue. He started talking with another man, then the two went outside.
That's when police say the second man pulled out a handgun and demanded money. The 17-year-old said he didn't have any and turned to run away. The gunman fired once, hitting the 17-year-old in the back, then fled west on Orleans Street.
Police have released the following description of the suspect:
Black male, 20-30 years-of-age, 5'7"-6'0", goatee, wearing a tan jacket, black hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the crime is asked to contact Detective Aiken at the Philadelphia Police Department's East Detectives Division: 215-686-3243/3244.
philadelphia, robbery, shooting, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book