Man, 70, found beaten to death in Pa. alley
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in the Lehigh Valley say an elderly man was found beaten to death in an alley next to his Allentown home.
Allentown police say the body of 70-year-old John Lebar was found at about 7:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said an autopsy Wednesday determined that he died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Neighbors said they found the body after noticing Lebar's door left open and not finding him inside.
No arrests were immediately reported, and authorities asked anyone with information about the attack to call them.
allentown, homicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 29 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 47 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!