Man, 70, found beaten to death in Pa. alley
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in the Lehigh Valley say an elderly man was found beaten to death in an alley next to his Allentown home.
Allentown police say the body of 70-year-old John Lebar was found at about 7:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said an autopsy Wednesday determined that he died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Neighbors said they found the body after noticing Lebar's door left open and not finding him inside.
No arrests were immediately reported, and authorities asked anyone with information about the attack to call them.
allentown, homicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase 43 min ago
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 5 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad in Las Vegas, 2 suspects arrested 44 min ago
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list