Man, 70, found beaten to death in Pa. alley
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in the Lehigh Valley say an elderly man was found beaten to death in an alley next to his Allentown home.
Allentown police say the body of 70-year-old John Lebar was found at about 7:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said an autopsy Wednesday determined that he died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Neighbors said they found the body after noticing Lebar's door left open and not finding him inside.
No arrests were immediately reported, and authorities asked anyone with information about the attack to call them.
allentown, homicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees