Woman arrested for sex with son's teen friend
LAUREL, Del. - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 35-year-old Maryland woman has been arrested for the alleged rape of a 14-year-old boy in Delaware.
Delaware State Police arrested Katheryn L. Carmean, of Berlin, Maryland, on Wednesday.
Earlier in the day, police were notified of the alleged rape after the teenager disclosed to a family member that he had a sexual relationship with Carmean over a ten month period.
The victim was a friend of Carmean's son and would periodically stay at her previous residence located on Mt. Zion Road in Laurel, Delaware.
Carmean, who recently moved to Maryland, was taken into custody at her place of employment in Seaford. She is charged with 10 counts of third degree rape, continuous sexual abuse of a child and endangering the welfare of a child.
Carmean is currently being held on $57,000 secured bond.
delaware, maryland, child sex assault, rape, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 1 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 45 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 33 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 9 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 46 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos