Fire erupts at Hamilton Mall in Atlantic Co.
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were called out to a blaze at the Hamilton Mall in Atlantic County, New Jersey Thursday morning.
The fire broke out around 6:30 a.m. at the mall on the 4400 block of the Black Horse Pike in Hamilton Township.
Officials say the fire may have started inside of the Hollister clothing store on the first floor of the mall and smoke could be seen throughout the building.
The fire inspector believes a faulty light ignited inside of a cabinet burning a stack of magazines and a register.
Officials say the fire triggered the sprinkler system inside the store which quickly extinguished the flames.
The fire was contained to the Hollister store which has been closed due to the water damage. The Hamilton Mall has been opened for business.
The fire remains under investigation.
fire, new jersey, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 2 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 51 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 1 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 39 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- 70s Return This Week
1 min ago