Fire erupts at Hamilton Mall in Atlantic Co.
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were called out to a blaze at the Hamilton Mall in Atlantic County, New Jersey Thursday morning.
The fire broke out around 6:30 a.m. at the mall on the 4400 block of the Black Horse Pike in Hamilton Township.
Officials say the fire may have started inside of the Hollister clothing store on the first floor of the mall and smoke could be seen throughout the building.
The fire inspector believes a faulty light ignited inside of a cabinet burning a stack of magazines and a register.
Officials say the fire triggered the sprinkler system inside the store which quickly extinguished the flames.
The fire was contained to the Hollister store which has been closed due to the water damage. The Hamilton Mall has been opened for business.
The fire remains under investigation.
fire, new jersey, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police