Univ. City hazmat situation placed under control
UNIVERSITY CITY - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the hazmat situation in University City has been placed under control Friday morning.
Crews were called just before 5:30 a.m. to a University of Penn science building located in the 200 block of South 34th Street.
Officials say, they were investigating a report of an individual mixing chemicals in a 4th floor lab area.
Two people were evacuated but no there were no injuries reported.
A investigation determined that the building was clear. No damage was sustained and the alert was later lifted.
hazmat, university city, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ