Univ. City hazmat situation placed under control
UNIVERSITY CITY - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the hazmat situation in University City has been placed under control Friday morning.
Crews were called just before 5:30 a.m. to a University of Penn science building located in the 200 block of South 34th Street.
Officials say, they were investigating a report of an individual mixing chemicals in a 4th floor lab area.
Two people were evacuated but no there were no injuries reported.
A investigation determined that the building was clear. No damage was sustained and the alert was later lifted.
hazmat, university city, philadelphia, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 43 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 16 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 29 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 27 min ago
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 24 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
43 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
16 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly...
29 min ago