Univ. City hazmat situation placed under control
UNIVERSITY CITY - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the hazmat situation in University City has been placed under control Friday morning.
Crews were called just before 5:30 a.m. to a University of Penn science building located in the 200 block of South 34th Street.
Officials say, they were investigating a report of an individual mixing chemicals in a 4th floor lab area.
Two people were evacuated but no there were no injuries reported.
A investigation determined that the building was clear. No damage was sustained and the alert was later lifted.
hazmat, university city, philadelphia, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 24 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 20 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 22 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- 70s Return This Week
9 min ago