Univ. City hazmat situation placed under control
UNIVERSITY CITY - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the hazmat situation in University City has been placed under control Friday morning.
Crews were called just before 5:30 a.m. to a University of Penn science building located in the 200 block of South 34th Street.
Officials say, they were investigating a report of an individual mixing chemicals in a 4th floor lab area.
Two people were evacuated but no there were no injuries reported.
A investigation determined that the building was clear. No damage was sustained and the alert was later lifted.
hazmat, university city, philadelphia, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 24 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 1 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 12 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
4 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
24 min ago