Univ. City hazmat situation placed under control
UNIVERSITY CITY - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the hazmat situation in University City has been placed under control Friday morning.
Crews were called just before 5:30 a.m. to a University of Penn science building located in the 200 block of South 34th Street.
Officials say, they were investigating a report of an individual mixing chemicals in a 4th floor lab area.
Two people were evacuated but no there were no injuries reported.
A investigation determined that the building was clear. No damage was sustained and the alert was later lifted.
hazmat, university city, philadelphia, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 4 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 55 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
4 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
55 min ago