Residents return home after Port Richmond gas leak
PORT RICHMOND - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gas leak forced the evacuation of four homes in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia Friday morning.
Fire and hazmat crews were called to the scene around 6:00 a.m. to the 3500 block of Richmond Street
Four homes were evacuated as a precaution. Since then, the source of the leak has been located and is specific to one property.
Gas for the property has been turned off and residents have returned to their homes.
There is no word on what caused the gas leak.
gas leak, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed