Residents return home after Port Richmond gas leak
PORT RICHMOND - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gas leak forced the evacuation of four homes in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia Friday morning.
Fire and hazmat crews were called to the scene around 6:00 a.m. to the 3500 block of Richmond Street
Four homes were evacuated as a precaution. Since then, the source of the leak has been located and is specific to one property.
Gas for the property has been turned off and residents have returned to their homes.
There is no word on what caused the gas leak.
gas leak, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 4 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!