Residents return home after Port Richmond gas leak
PORT RICHMOND - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gas leak forced the evacuation of four homes in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia Friday morning.
Fire and hazmat crews were called to the scene around 6:00 a.m. to the 3500 block of Richmond Street
Four homes were evacuated as a precaution. Since then, the source of the leak has been located and is specific to one property.
Gas for the property has been turned off and residents have returned to their homes.
There is no word on what caused the gas leak.
gas leak, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief 13 min ago
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas 32 min ago
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment 31 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery 4 min ago
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra