Residents return home after Port Richmond gas leak
PORT RICHMOND - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gas leak forced the evacuation of four homes in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia Friday morning.
Fire and hazmat crews were called to the scene around 6:00 a.m. to the 3500 block of Richmond Street
Four homes were evacuated as a precaution. Since then, the source of the leak has been located and is specific to one property.
Gas for the property has been turned off and residents have returned to their homes.
There is no word on what caused the gas leak.
gas leak, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 54 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 41 min ago