Residents return home after Port Richmond gas leak
PORT RICHMOND - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gas leak forced the evacuation of four homes in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia Friday morning.
Fire and hazmat crews were called to the scene around 6:00 a.m. to the 3500 block of Richmond Street
Four homes were evacuated as a precaution. Since then, the source of the leak has been located and is specific to one property.
Gas for the property has been turned off and residents have returned to their homes.
There is no word on what caused the gas leak.
gas leak, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth! 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere 37 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
46 min ago