Woman's death in Camden fire ruled homicide
CAMDEN, N.J. - February 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was found dead after a house fire in Camden and authorities say her death has been ruled a homicide.
The fire broke out around 4:45 Friday afternoon at an abandoned home on the 1700 block of Tioga Street.
The victim - 38-year-old Rhonda Scott was found dead inside.
Officials say Scott sustained multiple stab wounds and was severely burned.
According to authorities, it appears that the fire was intentionally set.
Anyone with information on the case is urged to contact the Camden County Prosecutor's Office at 856-225-8500 or Camden Police at 856-757-7420. Information may also be emailed to email@example.com.
new jersey, camden, fire, homicide, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 14 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 9 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 16 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 18 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 42 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier