Woman's death in Camden fire ruled homicide
CAMDEN, N.J. - February 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was found dead after a house fire in Camden and authorities say her death has been ruled a homicide.
The fire broke out around 4:45 Friday afternoon at an abandoned home on the 1700 block of Tioga Street.
The victim - 38-year-old Rhonda Scott was found dead inside.
Officials say Scott sustained multiple stab wounds and was severely burned.
According to authorities, it appears that the fire was intentionally set.
Anyone with information on the case is urged to contact the Camden County Prosecutor's Office at 856-225-8500 or Camden Police at 856-757-7420. Information may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
new jersey, camden, fire, homicide, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 44 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ