Woman's death in Camden fire ruled homicide
CAMDEN, N.J. - February 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was found dead after a house fire in Camden and authorities say her death has been ruled a homicide.
The fire broke out around 4:45 Friday afternoon at an abandoned home on the 1700 block of Tioga Street.
The victim - 38-year-old Rhonda Scott was found dead inside.
Officials say Scott sustained multiple stab wounds and was severely burned.
According to authorities, it appears that the fire was intentionally set.
Anyone with information on the case is urged to contact the Camden County Prosecutor's Office at 856-225-8500 or Camden Police at 856-757-7420. Information may also be emailed to email@example.com.
new jersey, camden, fire, homicide, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 29 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 28 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 9 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
17 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
10 min ago