Suspect ID'd in dead bodies discovery case
BUENA VISTA TWP, N.J. - February 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police have arrested a Jersey City man in connection to the discovery of two dead bodies in Atlantic County.
28-year-old Yusef Ibrahim was arrested late Sunday afternoon in Bayonne, New Jersey.
He has been charged with two counts of desecration of human remains and two counts of murder.
The bodies were discovered around 5:00 p.m. Friday at a vacant home on the 1100 block of Harding Highway in Buena Vista Townhip.
Police say both bodies seem to have suffered a single gunshot wound.
As the investigation progressed, Ibrahim was identified as the prime suspect.
Police learned that he was driving a white Mercedes Benz that belonged to one of the victims.
Authorities say the Mercedes Benz was located by the Philadelphia Police Department at 4110 Penns Grove Street in Philadelphia.
The vehicle was abandoned and set on fire.
Assistant Prosecutor John Maher approved desecration of human remains charges against Ibrahim.
Authorities won't release the victims' identities until family members have been notified. They do identify them as 25 and 27-year-old Jersey City residents.
Friends say the victims are originally from Egypt and moved to New Jersey recently. They were last seen Monday night at a house gathering.
Friends say they knew something was wrong when the men didn't show up for work Tuesday morning.
A motive has not yet been released and the investigation is ongoing.
new jersey, atlantic county, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Hit and Run driver leaves victim on Roxborough street 16 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 46 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
56 min ago