Few problems in Pa. from weekend snowstorm
EASTON, Pa. - February 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania escaped the brunt of the winter storm that slammed the Northeast, but some areas received half a foot of snow or more.
The National Weather Service says 7 inches of snow was reported at Summit Hill in Carbon County and 6 inches in Sciota and Stroudsburg in Monroe County as well as in Pen Argyl and Plainfield Township in Northampton County.
Utility companies serving eastern and northeastern Pennsylvania reported only scattered outages by midday Saturday.
Meanwhile snow shovels hit the pavement around Easton all day long Saturday, cleaning up from this weekend's brush with a blizzard.
13-year-old Zach Keifer wants to shovel every and any driveway.
"As many before the sun goes down," said Keifer.
The cold weather means quick cash for many.
"Oh yeah this pays the bills," said Steve Searock.
Searock worked through the night when the bulk of the snow fell around the Lehigh Valley.
11-year-old Derek Line had different ideas for the snow.
"Definitely snowball fights, probably some forts," he said.
For some the snow was just a nuisance.
"It was coming down consistently, I had to shovel around my car twice," said Matthew Yukins.
For snow lovers, it was a disappointment.
"Not impressed, I wanted two feet," said Mark Saveri.
As people in Easton continued their clean up, they breathed a sigh of relief when they took a look what New England got.
"Better them than me," said Adam Line.
pennsylvania, snow, nor'easter, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother 51 min ago
- Record Warmth! 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
48 min ago