Few problems in Pa. from weekend snowstorm
EASTON, Pa. - February 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania escaped the brunt of the winter storm that slammed the Northeast, but some areas received half a foot of snow or more.
The National Weather Service says 7 inches of snow was reported at Summit Hill in Carbon County and 6 inches in Sciota and Stroudsburg in Monroe County as well as in Pen Argyl and Plainfield Township in Northampton County.
Utility companies serving eastern and northeastern Pennsylvania reported only scattered outages by midday Saturday.
Meanwhile snow shovels hit the pavement around Easton all day long Saturday, cleaning up from this weekend's brush with a blizzard.
13-year-old Zach Keifer wants to shovel every and any driveway.
"As many before the sun goes down," said Keifer.
The cold weather means quick cash for many.
"Oh yeah this pays the bills," said Steve Searock.
Searock worked through the night when the bulk of the snow fell around the Lehigh Valley.
11-year-old Derek Line had different ideas for the snow.
"Definitely snowball fights, probably some forts," he said.
For some the snow was just a nuisance.
"It was coming down consistently, I had to shovel around my car twice," said Matthew Yukins.
For snow lovers, it was a disappointment.
"Not impressed, I wanted two feet," said Mark Saveri.
As people in Easton continued their clean up, they breathed a sigh of relief when they took a look what New England got.
"Better them than me," said Adam Line.
pennsylvania, snow, nor'easter, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 21 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos