2 arrested, large amount of heroin seized in Dover
DOVER, Del. - February 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police arrest two suspects and seize a large amount of heroin following a multiagency investigation Friday.
31-year-old Jamar Tate of Wilmington and 24-year-old Colby Hopkins of Milton, Delaware were arrested Friday and charged with multiple drug offenses.
Police say their investigation led them to a blue minivan in the Wendy's parking lot on the 1700 block of North DuPont Highway around 6:00 p.m.
Detectives found 130 bags of heroin in the console of the vehicle which they say Tate had just sold to Hopkins. They also found another 650 bags of heroin in Tate's pants along with $500 in cash.
He is being charged with possession of a controlled substance in the tier 5 quantity and other related drug offenses. He is being held in a Delaware corrections facility on $39,000 cash bail.
Hopkins is being held on $32,500 cash bail, and is being charged with possession of a controlled substance and related offenses.
The Delaware State Police Drug Unit, Governor's Task Force, Milford Police Department, and Dover Police Department were all part of the investigation.
drugs, dover, delaware, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall 52 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Bicyclist shoots man in face in SW Philadelphia 22 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 58 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces 3 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc