2 arrested, large amount of heroin seized in Dover
DOVER, Del. - February 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police arrest two suspects and seize a large amount of heroin following a multiagency investigation Friday.
31-year-old Jamar Tate of Wilmington and 24-year-old Colby Hopkins of Milton, Delaware were arrested Friday and charged with multiple drug offenses.
Police say their investigation led them to a blue minivan in the Wendy's parking lot on the 1700 block of North DuPont Highway around 6:00 p.m.
Detectives found 130 bags of heroin in the console of the vehicle which they say Tate had just sold to Hopkins. They also found another 650 bags of heroin in Tate's pants along with $500 in cash.
He is being charged with possession of a controlled substance in the tier 5 quantity and other related drug offenses. He is being held in a Delaware corrections facility on $39,000 cash bail.
Hopkins is being held on $32,500 cash bail, and is being charged with possession of a controlled substance and related offenses.
The Delaware State Police Drug Unit, Governor's Task Force, Milford Police Department, and Dover Police Department were all part of the investigation.
drugs, dover, delaware, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ