2 arrested, large amount of heroin seized in Dover
DOVER, Del. - February 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police arrest two suspects and seize a large amount of heroin following a multiagency investigation Friday.
31-year-old Jamar Tate of Wilmington and 24-year-old Colby Hopkins of Milton, Delaware were arrested Friday and charged with multiple drug offenses.
Police say their investigation led them to a blue minivan in the Wendy's parking lot on the 1700 block of North DuPont Highway around 6:00 p.m.
Detectives found 130 bags of heroin in the console of the vehicle which they say Tate had just sold to Hopkins. They also found another 650 bags of heroin in Tate's pants along with $500 in cash.
He is being charged with possession of a controlled substance in the tier 5 quantity and other related drug offenses. He is being held in a Delaware corrections facility on $39,000 cash bail.
Hopkins is being held on $32,500 cash bail, and is being charged with possession of a controlled substance and related offenses.
The Delaware State Police Drug Unit, Governor's Task Force, Milford Police Department, and Dover Police Department were all part of the investigation.
drugs, dover, delaware, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 21 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 16 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 41 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 26 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
21 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
41 min ago