2 arrested, large amount of heroin seized in Dover
DOVER, Del. - February 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police arrest two suspects and seize a large amount of heroin following a multiagency investigation Friday.
31-year-old Jamar Tate of Wilmington and 24-year-old Colby Hopkins of Milton, Delaware were arrested Friday and charged with multiple drug offenses.
Police say their investigation led them to a blue minivan in the Wendy's parking lot on the 1700 block of North DuPont Highway around 6:00 p.m.
Detectives found 130 bags of heroin in the console of the vehicle which they say Tate had just sold to Hopkins. They also found another 650 bags of heroin in Tate's pants along with $500 in cash.
He is being charged with possession of a controlled substance in the tier 5 quantity and other related drug offenses. He is being held in a Delaware corrections facility on $39,000 cash bail.
Hopkins is being held on $32,500 cash bail, and is being charged with possession of a controlled substance and related offenses.
The Delaware State Police Drug Unit, Governor's Task Force, Milford Police Department, and Dover Police Department were all part of the investigation.
drugs, dover, delaware, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 14 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 13 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 37 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 15 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
11 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
13 min ago