Police: Deadly Pa. bar shooting may be gang-related
EASTON, Pa. (AP) - February 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in eastern Pennsylvania say they believe that an early morning shooting death in an Easton bar may have been gang related.
Officials said a man was shot at about 12:15 a.m. Saturday in Eddie G's Bar and died shortly afterward at a hospital.
Police said the shooting followed an argument among a number of people believed to have been gang members originally from Newark, N.J.
One man who ran out the front of the bar and another man who fled out the back are being sought.
Northampton county Coroner Zachary Lysek ruled the death of the victim a homicide. His name has not been released pending notification of relatives.
pennsylvania, northampton county, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 13 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests