Del. crash throws van onto 3 parked cars
WILMINGTON - February 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people were injured when two vans collided, sending one of the vehicles into the air and onto several other cars.
It happened around 2:30 Sunday afternoon near the intersection of 4th and Broom streets in Wilmington.
Authorities say a red Chevy Lumina was speeding west on 4th Street when it struck a green Ford Windstar head-on.
The impact of the crash sent the striking vehicle into the air and it rolled over several times before landing on top of three parked cars.
Two men were trapped inside the red van as it caught on fire.
Within 40 minutes, the fire department was able to extinguish the flames and free the occupants.
Both men were taken to an Christiana Hospital in serious condition. A woman inside the minivan sustained non-life threatening injuries.
Police are investigating what sparked the crash.
delaware, wilmington, accident, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 18 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish