Del. crash throws van onto 3 parked cars
WILMINGTON - February 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people were injured when two vans collided, sending one of the vehicles into the air and onto several other cars.
It happened around 2:30 Sunday afternoon near the intersection of 4th and Broom streets in Wilmington.
Authorities say a red Chevy Lumina was speeding west on 4th Street when it struck a green Ford Windstar head-on.
The impact of the crash sent the striking vehicle into the air and it rolled over several times before landing on top of three parked cars.
Two men were trapped inside the red van as it caught on fire.
Within 40 minutes, the fire department was able to extinguish the flames and free the occupants.
Both men were taken to an Christiana Hospital in serious condition. A woman inside the minivan sustained non-life threatening injuries.
Police are investigating what sparked the crash.
delaware, wilmington, accident, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos