Newark man, 88, dies in car accident
NEWARK, Del. - February 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- State police say an 88-year-old man was killed in a car accident in Newark, Delaware.
The crash occurred shortly before 9 a.m. Sunday on Ogletown Stanton Road.
Police say Charles Yenkevich of Newark was driving a car that ran off the right side of the road and into a grassy area, coming to rest in some bushes.
Yenkevich was taken to Christiana Hospital, where he died. He was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, which remains under investigation.
delaware, newark, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station