Newark man, 88, dies in car accident
NEWARK, Del. - February 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- State police say an 88-year-old man was killed in a car accident in Newark, Delaware.
The crash occurred shortly before 9 a.m. Sunday on Ogletown Stanton Road.
Police say Charles Yenkevich of Newark was driving a car that ran off the right side of the road and into a grassy area, coming to rest in some bushes.
Yenkevich was taken to Christiana Hospital, where he died. He was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, which remains under investigation.
delaware, newark, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today 34 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief 32 min ago
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas 5 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears 1 min ago
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra