Newark man, 88, dies in car accident
NEWARK, Del. - February 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- State police say an 88-year-old man was killed in a car accident in Newark, Delaware.
The crash occurred shortly before 9 a.m. Sunday on Ogletown Stanton Road.
Police say Charles Yenkevich of Newark was driving a car that ran off the right side of the road and into a grassy area, coming to rest in some bushes.
Yenkevich was taken to Christiana Hospital, where he died. He was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, which remains under investigation.
delaware, newark, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 44 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Kid gets stuck in claw machine 8 min ago
- Kid gets stuck in claw machine
8 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
7 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos