Newark man, 88, dies in car accident
NEWARK, Del. - February 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- State police say an 88-year-old man was killed in a car accident in Newark, Delaware.
The crash occurred shortly before 9 a.m. Sunday on Ogletown Stanton Road.
Police say Charles Yenkevich of Newark was driving a car that ran off the right side of the road and into a grassy area, coming to rest in some bushes.
Yenkevich was taken to Christiana Hospital, where he died. He was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, which remains under investigation.
delaware, newark, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 10 min ago
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?