3 injured in Delaware County apartment blaze
EDDYSTONE, Pa. - February 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people are hospitalized, including a police officer, after fire erupted inside an apartment building in Eddystone, Delaware County early Monday morning.
The fire broke out around 4:45 a.m. at the Creek Bank Apartments in the 1100 block of Eddystone Avenue.
Authorities say, firefighters arrived to flames showing on the 3rd floor of the building.
Two people were hospitalized with injuries - one of which suffered severe burns.
A police officer was also taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Officials from the Red Cross tell Action News that about 30 units were likely affected by fire.
They say 25 families (38 people) got financial assistance for food, clothing, and/or lodging.
The Red Cross has set up a reception center for displaced residents at the Light House Community Center at 1401 E. 9th Street in Eddystone.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos