3 injured in Delaware County apartment blaze
EDDYSTONE, Pa. - February 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people are hospitalized, including a police officer, after fire erupted inside an apartment building in Eddystone, Delaware County early Monday morning.
The fire broke out around 4:45 a.m. at the Creek Bank Apartments in the 1100 block of Eddystone Avenue.
Authorities say, firefighters arrived to flames showing on the 3rd floor of the building.
Two people were hospitalized with injuries - one of which suffered severe burns.
A police officer was also taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Officials from the Red Cross tell Action News that about 30 units were likely affected by fire.
They say 25 families (38 people) got financial assistance for food, clothing, and/or lodging.
The Red Cross has set up a reception center for displaced residents at the Light House Community Center at 1401 E. 9th Street in Eddystone.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 9 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City 48 min ago
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 10 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 13 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
57 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
12 min ago