3 injured in Delaware County apartment blaze
EDDYSTONE, Pa. - February 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people are hospitalized, including a police officer, after fire erupted inside an apartment building in Eddystone, Delaware County early Monday morning.
The fire broke out around 4:45 a.m. at the Creek Bank Apartments in the 1100 block of Eddystone Avenue.
Authorities say, firefighters arrived to flames showing on the 3rd floor of the building.
Two people were hospitalized with injuries - one of which suffered severe burns.
A police officer was also taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Officials from the Red Cross tell Action News that about 30 units were likely affected by fire.
They say 25 families (38 people) got financial assistance for food, clothing, and/or lodging.
The Red Cross has set up a reception center for displaced residents at the Light House Community Center at 1401 E. 9th Street in Eddystone.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 57 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ