3 injured in Delaware County apartment blaze
EDDYSTONE, Pa. - February 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people are hospitalized, including a police officer, after fire erupted inside an apartment building in Eddystone, Delaware County early Monday morning.
The fire broke out around 4:45 a.m. at the Creek Bank Apartments in the 1100 block of Eddystone Avenue.
Authorities say, firefighters arrived to flames showing on the 3rd floor of the building.
Two people were hospitalized with injuries - one of which suffered severe burns.
A police officer was also taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Officials from the Red Cross tell Action News that about 30 units were likely affected by fire.
They say 25 families (38 people) got financial assistance for food, clothing, and/or lodging.
The Red Cross has set up a reception center for displaced residents at the Light House Community Center at 1401 E. 9th Street in Eddystone.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 22 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot in Wilmington 56 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton 44 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition