Pa. college student, 20, collapses in dorm, dies
LANCASTER, Pa. - February 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials at a central Pennsylvania college say a student collapsed in a dormitory and could not be revived.
Franklin & Marshall College officials say 20-year-old Eric Phillips was pronounced dead at a hospital early Sunday.
College spokeswoman Cass Cliatt tells the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era that police are investigating.
Cliatt says Phillips was hanging out with friends in a common area of the dorm when he collapsed. Students quickly called college security officers.
Phillips was a sophomore from Oakland, Calif. The Lancaster County coroner says an autopsy will be performed Monday morning.
Franklin & Marshall is a small liberal arts college serving about 2,300 students in Lancaster.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era , http://lancasteronline.com
pennsylvania, college, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 43 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
32 min ago