Pa. college student, 20, collapses in dorm, dies
LANCASTER, Pa. - February 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials at a central Pennsylvania college say a student collapsed in a dormitory and could not be revived.
Franklin & Marshall College officials say 20-year-old Eric Phillips was pronounced dead at a hospital early Sunday.
College spokeswoman Cass Cliatt tells the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era that police are investigating.
Cliatt says Phillips was hanging out with friends in a common area of the dorm when he collapsed. Students quickly called college security officers.
Phillips was a sophomore from Oakland, Calif. The Lancaster County coroner says an autopsy will be performed Monday morning.
Franklin & Marshall is a small liberal arts college serving about 2,300 students in Lancaster.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era , http://lancasteronline.com
pennsylvania, college, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Windy And Cool 52 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Windy And Cool
52 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos