Lower Merion officer found dead in FDR Park
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 46-year-old Lower Merion police officer was found dead in South Philadelphia Monday morning from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Officer Sean Quinn was found non-responsive inside his personal vehicle, which was located in FDR Park on Pattison Avenue in South Philadelphia.
Quinn was last seen in Ardmore around 5:30 a.m. Monday. Lower Merion police say he failed to report for duty at 7:00 a.m. and that his last known contact with family was shortly before 6:30 a.m. from the Columbus Boulevard area of Philadelphia.
Lower Merion Police Superintendant Michael McGrath issued the follow statement:
"The Lower Merion Police Department wishes to express its heartfelt condolences to Officer Quinn's family and friends and asks that they be kept in your thoughts and prayers as we all try to come to terms with this tragic event."
south philadelphia, philadelphia, montgomery county, police, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 16 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
16 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos