Lower Merion officer found dead in FDR Park
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 46-year-old Lower Merion police officer was found dead in South Philadelphia Monday morning from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Officer Sean Quinn was found non-responsive inside his personal vehicle, which was located in FDR Park on Pattison Avenue in South Philadelphia.
Quinn was last seen in Ardmore around 5:30 a.m. Monday. Lower Merion police say he failed to report for duty at 7:00 a.m. and that his last known contact with family was shortly before 6:30 a.m. from the Columbus Boulevard area of Philadelphia.
Lower Merion Police Superintendant Michael McGrath issued the follow statement:
"The Lower Merion Police Department wishes to express its heartfelt condolences to Officer Quinn's family and friends and asks that they be kept in your thoughts and prayers as we all try to come to terms with this tragic event."
south philadelphia, philadelphia, montgomery county, police, local/state
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 5 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 7 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
7 min ago