Arrest made after gun taken from student, 7, at North Phila. school
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police tell Action News they have made an arrest after a loaded gun was found on a 7-year-old student on Monday.
32-year-old Latanya Pressley from the 1500 block of Judson Way is in custody for her involvement in this incident.
Pressley is charged with Recklessly Endangering Another Person and Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act.
The incident took place Monday morning at John F. Reynolds Elementary School, located at 24th and Jefferson streets in North Philadelphia.
School officials say the .357 Magnum was loaded and that the boy was showing it off to other students in the lunchroom during breakfast.
Officials say the other students notified school police who retrieved the 7-year-old and ushered him to the office where the gun was recovered and secured.
Officials suspended the student, pending the outcome of the investigation.
philadelphia, guns, philadelphia school district, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run