Arrest made after gun taken from student, 7, at North Phila. school
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police tell Action News they have made an arrest after a loaded gun was found on a 7-year-old student on Monday.
32-year-old Latanya Pressley from the 1500 block of Judson Way is in custody for her involvement in this incident.
Pressley is charged with Recklessly Endangering Another Person and Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act.
The incident took place Monday morning at John F. Reynolds Elementary School, located at 24th and Jefferson streets in North Philadelphia.
School officials say the .357 Magnum was loaded and that the boy was showing it off to other students in the lunchroom during breakfast.
Officials say the other students notified school police who retrieved the 7-year-old and ushered him to the office where the gun was recovered and secured.
Officials suspended the student, pending the outcome of the investigation.
philadelphia, guns, philadelphia school district, local/state
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half