Search continues for Center City bank bandit
CENTER CITY - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the suspect who robbed a Republic Bank in Center City Philadelphia on Monday.
The robbery took place just after 2:40 p.m. at the bank branch located at 1818 Market Street.
Police say a man entered the bank and passed a demand note to a teller. After obtaining an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspect fled the bank.
He is described by police as a black male in his mid to late 50s, approximately 6', medium build, with a medium complexion and full "salt and pepper" beard.
He wore a black baseball hat with a purple brim and unknown logo, a black coat, and brown-framed eyeglasses.
The suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information about this robbery or the suspect is urged to call the FBI at 215-418-4000 or the Philadelphia Police Department.
Police say there may be a reward for information leading to the suspect's capture.
philadelphia, center city, bank robbery, local/state
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide 28 min ago
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today 6 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 1 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7
- Special investigative committee building...
7 min ago