Search continues for Center City bank bandit
CENTER CITY - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the suspect who robbed a Republic Bank in Center City Philadelphia on Monday.
The robbery took place just after 2:40 p.m. at the bank branch located at 1818 Market Street.
Police say a man entered the bank and passed a demand note to a teller. After obtaining an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspect fled the bank.
He is described by police as a black male in his mid to late 50s, approximately 6', medium build, with a medium complexion and full "salt and pepper" beard.
He wore a black baseball hat with a purple brim and unknown logo, a black coat, and brown-framed eyeglasses.
The suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information about this robbery or the suspect is urged to call the FBI at 215-418-4000 or the Philadelphia Police Department.
Police say there may be a reward for information leading to the suspect's capture.
philadelphia, center city, bank robbery, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 22 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 10 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
2 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
22 min ago