Search continues for Center City bank bandit
CENTER CITY - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the suspect who robbed a Republic Bank in Center City Philadelphia on Monday.
The robbery took place just after 2:40 p.m. at the bank branch located at 1818 Market Street.
Police say a man entered the bank and passed a demand note to a teller. After obtaining an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspect fled the bank.
He is described by police as a black male in his mid to late 50s, approximately 6', medium build, with a medium complexion and full "salt and pepper" beard.
He wore a black baseball hat with a purple brim and unknown logo, a black coat, and brown-framed eyeglasses.
The suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information about this robbery or the suspect is urged to call the FBI at 215-418-4000 or the Philadelphia Police Department.
Police say there may be a reward for information leading to the suspect's capture.
philadelphia, center city, bank robbery, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 34 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos