Neighbor dispute leads to barricade in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a 53-year-old man is in custody following a fight where he barricaded himself inside a house in Port Richmond late Monday night.
The incident happened around 11:30 p.m. in the 2000 block of East Venango Street.
According to officials, a fight between two neighbors turned violent with one neighbor firing shots in the air.
Police SWAT Teams arrived on the scene to find the suspect had barricaded himself and a 58-year-old female, believed to be his girlfriend, inside the house.
After about three hours, police say, they took the man into custody.
The neighbor and the female who was inside the house were not injured.
Police say they recovered two weapons and numerous gun casings in the backyard of the house. The man is a felon, officials say, who is not allowed to have weapons.
He faces numerous charges.
barricade, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 22 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar