Neighbor dispute leads to barricade in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a 53-year-old man is in custody following a fight where he barricaded himself inside a house in Port Richmond late Monday night.
The incident happened around 11:30 p.m. in the 2000 block of East Venango Street.
According to officials, a fight between two neighbors turned violent with one neighbor firing shots in the air.
Police SWAT Teams arrived on the scene to find the suspect had barricaded himself and a 58-year-old female, believed to be his girlfriend, inside the house.
After about three hours, police say, they took the man into custody.
The neighbor and the female who was inside the house were not injured.
Police say they recovered two weapons and numerous gun casings in the backyard of the house. The man is a felon, officials say, who is not allowed to have weapons.
He faces numerous charges.
barricade, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 33 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 6 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 31 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 36 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 4 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more