Police investigate home invasion in Parkside
PARKSIDE - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a home invasion and attempted robbery in the Parkside section of Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. inside a house located on the 1500 block of North 54th Street.
Police say a man and a woman were asleep when two men wearing ski masks and dark clothing came into their bedroom and demanded money and drugs.
The men made the victims lie face down, then told the woman to go downstairs to get the money. When she did, she saw that the front door was open and ran out.
She called police from a neighbor's cell phone.
By the time police arrived, the suspects had fled. The two victims were uninjured.
Nothing was taken from the home. No arrests have been made.
home invasion, robbery, parkside, philadelphia, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos