Police investigate home invasion in Parkside
PARKSIDE - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a home invasion and attempted robbery in the Parkside section of Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. inside a house located on the 1500 block of North 54th Street.
Police say a man and a woman were asleep when two men wearing ski masks and dark clothing came into their bedroom and demanded money and drugs.
The men made the victims lie face down, then told the woman to go downstairs to get the money. When she did, she saw that the front door was open and ran out.
She called police from a neighbor's cell phone.
By the time police arrived, the suspects had fled. The two victims were uninjured.
Nothing was taken from the home. No arrests have been made.
home invasion, robbery, parkside, philadelphia, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed