Police investigate home invasion in Parkside
PARKSIDE - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a home invasion and attempted robbery in the Parkside section of Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. inside a house located on the 1500 block of North 54th Street.
Police say a man and a woman were asleep when two men wearing ski masks and dark clothing came into their bedroom and demanded money and drugs.
The men made the victims lie face down, then told the woman to go downstairs to get the money. When she did, she saw that the front door was open and ran out.
She called police from a neighbor's cell phone.
By the time police arrived, the suspects had fled. The two victims were uninjured.
Nothing was taken from the home. No arrests have been made.
home invasion, robbery, parkside, philadelphia, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 31 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today 16 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 46 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys 56 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 7 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
31 min ago