Police investigate home invasion in Parkside
PARKSIDE - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a home invasion and attempted robbery in the Parkside section of Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. inside a house located on the 1500 block of North 54th Street.
Police say a man and a woman were asleep when two men wearing ski masks and dark clothing came into their bedroom and demanded money and drugs.
The men made the victims lie face down, then told the woman to go downstairs to get the money. When she did, she saw that the front door was open and ran out.
She called police from a neighbor's cell phone.
By the time police arrived, the suspects had fled. The two victims were uninjured.
Nothing was taken from the home. No arrests have been made.
home invasion, robbery, parkside, philadelphia, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 15 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 10 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 17 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 19 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 43 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier