Police arrest fugitive from Puerto Rico in Berks County
BERKS COUNTY, Pa. - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they have arrested a fugitive from Puerto Rico who was hiding out in Berks County, Pennsylvania.
According to officials, 20-year-old Jose Reyes Velez used a phony driver's license to start a new life in Reading, but someone at his office got suspicious and tipped off police.
Velez's brother is also in custody for helping him hide out, police say.
Authorities say, Velez is wanted for murder in San Sebastian.
berks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 30 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 49 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 20 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
20 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos