Police arrest fugitive from Puerto Rico in Berks County
BERKS COUNTY, Pa. - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they have arrested a fugitive from Puerto Rico who was hiding out in Berks County, Pennsylvania.
According to officials, 20-year-old Jose Reyes Velez used a phony driver's license to start a new life in Reading, but someone at his office got suspicious and tipped off police.
Velez's brother is also in custody for helping him hide out, police say.
Authorities say, Velez is wanted for murder in San Sebastian.
berks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half