Weapons found in car near Camden Co. police station; 1 arrest
SOMERDALE, N.J. - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man is behind bars after police found weapons in a car parked behind a Camden County police station.
Fernando Antonio Salguero, 39, of Bridgeport, Pa. has been charged with multiple weapons offenses.
It was Tuesday just after 7:00 p.m. when police noticed a white 2005 Ford Crown Victoria with Pennsylvania license plates illegally parked on Cedar Avenue behind the Somerdale, N.J. Municipal Building.
As police investigated, a K-9 unit indicated the possible presence of explosives. The bomb squad arrived and checked the vehicle for explosives. None were found.
But a police search did reveal a number of weapons inside.
Salguero was taken into custody and charged. He is behind held at the Camden County Correctional Facility in default of $32,500 cash bail.
Somerdale Mayor Gary Passanante addressed the incident Tuesday night, saying, "Obviously in today's environment, we have to be extra careful with everything. It happens in town and everywhere. And the police department was on it right away with the illegal parked vehicle, and once they knew there was more to look into, they called in the proper agencies to take action."
police, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 40 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 22 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 25 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 36 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 24 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing 3 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 1 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
40 min ago