Weapons found in car near Camden Co. police station; 1 arrest
SOMERDALE, N.J. - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man is behind bars after police found weapons in a car parked behind a Camden County police station.
Fernando Antonio Salguero, 39, of Bridgeport, Pa. has been charged with multiple weapons offenses.
It was Tuesday just after 7:00 p.m. when police noticed a white 2005 Ford Crown Victoria with Pennsylvania license plates illegally parked on Cedar Avenue behind the Somerdale, N.J. Municipal Building.
As police investigated, a K-9 unit indicated the possible presence of explosives. The bomb squad arrived and checked the vehicle for explosives. None were found.
But a police search did reveal a number of weapons inside.
Salguero was taken into custody and charged. He is behind held at the Camden County Correctional Facility in default of $32,500 cash bail.
Somerdale Mayor Gary Passanante addressed the incident Tuesday night, saying, "Obviously in today's environment, we have to be extra careful with everything. It happens in town and everywhere. And the police department was on it right away with the illegal parked vehicle, and once they knew there was more to look into, they called in the proper agencies to take action."
police, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands