Fire destroys several apartments in Frankford
FRANKFORD - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a blaze that destroyed several apartments in the Frankford section of Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 4:00 a.m. on the 1300 block of Harrison Street.
Crews arrived to find fire showing from two upper level apartments.
The fast-moving fire was placed under control within a half hour, but not before nine apartments inside the building were damaged by fire, smoke and water.
Eight of them have been condemned.
There were no injuries reported.
The Red Cross is assisting eight families displaced by the blaze.
The search for the cause continues.
fire, frankford, philadelphia, local/state
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 55 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 28 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's 50 min ago
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House 49 min ago
- Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
50 min ago
- Mysterious, driverless car spotted on highway
49 min ago
- First dog knocks down toddler at White House
49 min ago