Fire destroys several apartments in Frankford
FRANKFORD - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a blaze that destroyed several apartments in the Frankford section of Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 4:00 a.m. on the 1300 block of Harrison Street.
Crews arrived to find fire showing from two upper level apartments.
The fast-moving fire was placed under control within a half hour, but not before nine apartments inside the building were damaged by fire, smoke and water.
Eight of them have been condemned.
There were no injuries reported.
The Red Cross is assisting eight families displaced by the blaze.
The search for the cause continues.
fire, frankford, philadelphia, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 35 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 53 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 12 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 36 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos