Fire destroys several apartments in Frankford
FRANKFORD - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a blaze that destroyed several apartments in the Frankford section of Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 4:00 a.m. on the 1300 block of Harrison Street.
Crews arrived to find fire showing from two upper level apartments.
The fast-moving fire was placed under control within a half hour, but not before nine apartments inside the building were damaged by fire, smoke and water.
Eight of them have been condemned.
There were no injuries reported.
The Red Cross is assisting eight families displaced by the blaze.
The search for the cause continues.
fire, frankford, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 39 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 55 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
56 min ago