Smoke-filled PATCO train, station evacuated
CENTER CITY - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A motor malfunction filled a PATCO train with smoke, causing an evacuation of the train and station in Center City.
Officials say the incident was reported around 6:30 p.m. underneath 8th and Market streets.
Officials say the train was heading to New Jersey when smoke started coming out of one of the cars of the train.
The incident was placed under control by 7:00 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, patco, center city, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 58 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos