Smoke-filled PATCO train, station evacuated
CENTER CITY - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A motor malfunction filled a PATCO train with smoke, causing an evacuation of the train and station in Center City.
Officials say the incident was reported around 6:30 p.m. underneath 8th and Market streets.
Officials say the train was heading to New Jersey when smoke started coming out of one of the cars of the train.
The incident was placed under control by 7:00 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, patco, center city, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 58 min ago