Smoke-filled PATCO train, station evacuated
CENTER CITY - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A motor malfunction filled a PATCO train with smoke, causing an evacuation of the train and station in Center City.
Officials say the incident was reported around 6:30 p.m. underneath 8th and Market streets.
Officials say the train was heading to New Jersey when smoke started coming out of one of the cars of the train.
The incident was placed under control by 7:00 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, patco, center city, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 26 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 2 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
26 min ago