Smoke-filled PATCO train, station evacuated
CENTER CITY - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A motor malfunction filled a PATCO train with smoke, causing an evacuation of the train and station in Center City.
Officials say the incident was reported around 6:30 p.m. underneath 8th and Market streets.
Officials say the train was heading to New Jersey when smoke started coming out of one of the cars of the train.
The incident was placed under control by 7:00 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, patco, center city, local/state
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids 33 min ago
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites 47 min ago
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old?