Smoke-filled PATCO train, station evacuated
CENTER CITY - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A motor malfunction filled a PATCO train with smoke, causing an evacuation of the train and station in Center City.
Officials say the incident was reported around 6:30 p.m. underneath 8th and Market streets.
Officials say the train was heading to New Jersey when smoke started coming out of one of the cars of the train.
The incident was placed under control by 7:00 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, patco, center city, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 57 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish