Students dismissed from Phila. school after lockdown
CRESCENTVILLE - February 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Students at a charter school in Philadelphia's Crescentville section have been sent home following a lockdown there Thursday morning.
The school is the Tacony Academy Charter High School, located at 6238 Rising Sun Avenue.
According to a letter that will be sent home with students, the threat was received just as the school day began Thursday.
Police say the threat was not against anyone specific, but a general threat of violence.
The school was immediately placed in lockdown as a precaution, and all students who had not yet entered the building were instructed to go home with an excused absence.
Police responded to the school and inspected all areas of the building.
Nothing was found and the lockdown was lifted as students were sent home.
tacony, philadelphia, school, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philly 55 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 57 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW...
55 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos