Report of man with gun shuts down Atlantic Co. highway
ABSECON, N.J. - February 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A report of a man with a gun prompted police to shut down a busy Atlantic County roadway for two hours Thursday.
It happened on Route 30 (East Absecon Boulevard) in Absecon, N.J.
Police say a maintenance worker at the Comfort Inn in the 500 block of that road walked into an 8th floor boiler room and encountered a man who did not belong there.
The two exchanged words. The worker said the man pulled out a black revolver then left.
Police shut down Route 30 in both directions and searched the hotel but did not find the man.
They reopened the boulevard and searched the hotel again. They never found the suspect or the weapon.
Police are looking for a white or light-complected Hispanic man about 5'8" tall.
Anyone with information on the suspect or the case is asked to call Absecon Police.
new jersey, guns, atlantic county, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 47 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 27 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 19 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply