Report of man with gun shuts down Atlantic Co. highway
ABSECON, N.J. - February 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A report of a man with a gun prompted police to shut down a busy Atlantic County roadway for two hours Thursday.
It happened on Route 30 (East Absecon Boulevard) in Absecon, N.J.
Police say a maintenance worker at the Comfort Inn in the 500 block of that road walked into an 8th floor boiler room and encountered a man who did not belong there.
The two exchanged words. The worker said the man pulled out a black revolver then left.
Police shut down Route 30 in both directions and searched the hotel but did not find the man.
They reopened the boulevard and searched the hotel again. They never found the suspect or the weapon.
Police are looking for a white or light-complected Hispanic man about 5'8" tall.
Anyone with information on the suspect or the case is asked to call Absecon Police.
new jersey, guns, atlantic county, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 20 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 51 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
47 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
51 min ago