AC's Trump Plaza sold for $20M
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - February 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A California company has bought Atlantic City's Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino for $20 million.
Thursday's sale is the latest in a series of bargain-basement deals for struggling casinos in the seaside resort.
The Meruelo Group of Downey, Calif., plans to close the deal by May 31.
The casino, which cost $210 million to build, opened in May 1984 as one of Donald Trump's pet projects. The real estate mogul has since limited his dealings in Atlantic City.
The sale leaves the company he once ran, Trump Entertainment Resorts, with just one casino, the Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort. The company sold the former Trump Marina to a Texas company that rebranded it as the new Golden Nugget in 2011.
new jersey, atlantic city, atlantic county, donald trump, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 42 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 18 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 15 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 21 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 5 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
8 min ago
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos