AC's Trump Plaza sold for $20M
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - February 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A California company has bought Atlantic City's Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino for $20 million.
Thursday's sale is the latest in a series of bargain-basement deals for struggling casinos in the seaside resort.
The Meruelo Group of Downey, Calif., plans to close the deal by May 31.
The casino, which cost $210 million to build, opened in May 1984 as one of Donald Trump's pet projects. The real estate mogul has since limited his dealings in Atlantic City.
The sale leaves the company he once ran, Trump Entertainment Resorts, with just one casino, the Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort. The company sold the former Trump Marina to a Texas company that rebranded it as the new Golden Nugget in 2011.
new jersey, atlantic city, atlantic county, donald trump, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 22 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 42 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 16 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 22 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 15 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 5 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
42 min ago