Couch catches on fire, damages home in Olney
OLNEY - February 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a couch caught on fire, sending flames through a house in the Olney section of Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The blaze broke out around 2:30 p.m. on the 400 block of Roselyn Street.
The fast-moving fire started in a couch in the living room, which then spread and caused damage inside the home.
Authorities say the blaze was placed under control within 15 minutes.
The American Red Cross arrived to assist a family of 8, including an infant. The Red Paw Relief also responded to the scene to take care of the family's pets.
There is no word yet what caused the couch to ignite.
No injuries were reported.
fire, olney, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 30 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
57 min ago