Couch catches on fire, damages home in Olney
OLNEY - February 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a couch caught on fire, sending flames through a house in the Olney section of Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The blaze broke out around 2:30 p.m. on the 400 block of Roselyn Street.
The fast-moving fire started in a couch in the living room, which then spread and caused damage inside the home.
Authorities say the blaze was placed under control within 15 minutes.
The American Red Cross arrived to assist a family of 8, including an infant. The Red Paw Relief also responded to the scene to take care of the family's pets.
There is no word yet what caused the couch to ignite.
No injuries were reported.
fire, olney, philadelphia, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 32 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- NASA: Space station may have bad valve 15 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed