Couch catches on fire, damages home in Olney
OLNEY - February 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a couch caught on fire, sending flames through a house in the Olney section of Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The blaze broke out around 2:30 p.m. on the 400 block of Roselyn Street.
The fast-moving fire started in a couch in the living room, which then spread and caused damage inside the home.
Authorities say the blaze was placed under control within 15 minutes.
The American Red Cross arrived to assist a family of 8, including an infant. The Red Paw Relief also responded to the scene to take care of the family's pets.
There is no word yet what caused the couch to ignite.
No injuries were reported.
fire, olney, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- As fireworks crackle, Beckham plays last home game
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list