Police: Boy, 12, stole rental car near Philly
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) - February 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 12-year-old boy broke into a rental car agency outside Philadelphia and drove off with a sport-utility vehicle.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports it happened at an Enterprise Rent-A-Car office in Upper Darby. Police say the boy broke into the office and took the keys to the SUV sometime last weekend. Employees noticed the car missing Saturday.
Then, on Sunday, police say an employee saw a boy trying to get in the building and confronted him. Investigators say they later found the keys to the stolen SUV in his pocket.
The 12-year-old was charged with theft, burglary and receiving stolen property and released to his mother. Police are reviewing surveillance footage to determine if a 10-year-old friend also may have been involved.
upper darby, children, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police respond to shooting report at Colo. school 1 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 50 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 21 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 51 min ago