Police: Boy, 12, stole rental car near Philly
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) - February 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 12-year-old boy broke into a rental car agency outside Philadelphia and drove off with a sport-utility vehicle.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports it happened at an Enterprise Rent-A-Car office in Upper Darby. Police say the boy broke into the office and took the keys to the SUV sometime last weekend. Employees noticed the car missing Saturday.
Then, on Sunday, police say an employee saw a boy trying to get in the building and confronted him. Investigators say they later found the keys to the stolen SUV in his pocket.
The 12-year-old was charged with theft, burglary and receiving stolen property and released to his mother. Police are reviewing surveillance footage to determine if a 10-year-old friend also may have been involved.
upper darby, children, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ