Laurel man arrested on drug dealing charges
LAUREL, Del. (AP) - February 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested a Laurel man on drug charges.
The Delaware State Police says 29-year-old Michael Chambers was arrested Thursday. Troopers say they attempted to stop Chambers at 7:44 a.m. Thursday after watching him engage in a drug transaction. But troopers say Chambers drove away and threw drugs out of his vehicle while fleeing.
Troopers say he drove recklessly, including crashing into an unoccupied building at a mobile home park where he lives, as they observed from a distance. Chambers was eventually arrested after a brief foot pursuit. Troopers say they found cocaine and drug paraphernalia in his car and also recovered cocaine and heroin Chambers threw from his car.
Chambers is now facing multiple drug-related charges. The mailbox of a telephone listing for Chambers was full early Thursday.
drugs, delaware, local/state
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 17 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 41 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 53 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 49 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
49 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos