Laurel man arrested on drug dealing charges
LAUREL, Del. (AP) - February 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested a Laurel man on drug charges.
The Delaware State Police says 29-year-old Michael Chambers was arrested Thursday. Troopers say they attempted to stop Chambers at 7:44 a.m. Thursday after watching him engage in a drug transaction. But troopers say Chambers drove away and threw drugs out of his vehicle while fleeing.
Troopers say he drove recklessly, including crashing into an unoccupied building at a mobile home park where he lives, as they observed from a distance. Chambers was eventually arrested after a brief foot pursuit. Troopers say they found cocaine and drug paraphernalia in his car and also recovered cocaine and heroin Chambers threw from his car.
Chambers is now facing multiple drug-related charges. The mailbox of a telephone listing for Chambers was full early Thursday.
drugs, delaware, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos