Laurel man arrested on drug dealing charges
LAUREL, Del. (AP) - February 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested a Laurel man on drug charges.
The Delaware State Police says 29-year-old Michael Chambers was arrested Thursday. Troopers say they attempted to stop Chambers at 7:44 a.m. Thursday after watching him engage in a drug transaction. But troopers say Chambers drove away and threw drugs out of his vehicle while fleeing.
Troopers say he drove recklessly, including crashing into an unoccupied building at a mobile home park where he lives, as they observed from a distance. Chambers was eventually arrested after a brief foot pursuit. Troopers say they found cocaine and drug paraphernalia in his car and also recovered cocaine and heroin Chambers threw from his car.
Chambers is now facing multiple drug-related charges. The mailbox of a telephone listing for Chambers was full early Thursday.
drugs, delaware, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!