Penguin born at NJ aquarium
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) - February 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A baby penguin has made its debut at a New Jersey aquarium.
The chick, hatched at Adventure Aquarium in Camden on Jan. 11, was first shown to the media Thursday and given the name Casanova.
Its gender isn't yet clear.
When it hatched, it was the size of a golf ball. But the bird has already grown to nearly 3 pounds.
The African black-footed bird is to be placed in the aquarium's Penguin Island exhibit in the spring.
It's the 14th penguin chick bred at the aquarium since 1998.
camden, new jersey, animals, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 3 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos