Philly courthouse evacuated over anthrax report
PHILADELPHIA - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fire official says the second floor of the federal court building in Philadelphia was evacuated after authorities found a letter containing a threat about anthrax.
Crews responded to the federal court building in the city's historic district around 9:25 a.m. Wednesday.
Fire officials evacuated people from the second floor, but people on other floors remained in the building.
An official said a letter was found, but the investigation revealed it did not contain anthrax or any other dangerous substance.
The FBI has cleared the scene.
hazmat, philadelphia, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 54 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq. 49 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton 58 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in Norristown
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
40 min ago
- David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
49 min ago
- Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
58 min ago