Philly courthouse evacuated over anthrax report
PHILADELPHIA - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fire official says the second floor of the federal court building in Philadelphia was evacuated after authorities found a letter containing a threat about anthrax.
Crews responded to the federal court building in the city's historic district around 9:25 a.m. Wednesday.
Fire officials evacuated people from the second floor, but people on other floors remained in the building.
An official said a letter was found, but the investigation revealed it did not contain anthrax or any other dangerous substance.
The FBI has cleared the scene.
hazmat, philadelphia, local/state
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard 20 min ago
- A Nice Stretch 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify 59 min ago
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint 34 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old? 49 min ago