Philly courthouse evacuated over anthrax report
PHILADELPHIA - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fire official says the second floor of the federal court building in Philadelphia was evacuated after authorities found a letter containing a threat about anthrax.
Crews responded to the federal court building in the city's historic district around 9:25 a.m. Wednesday.
Fire officials evacuated people from the second floor, but people on other floors remained in the building.
An official said a letter was found, but the investigation revealed it did not contain anthrax or any other dangerous substance.
The FBI has cleared the scene.
hazmat, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?