Philly courthouse evacuated over anthrax report
PHILADELPHIA - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fire official says the second floor of the federal court building in Philadelphia was evacuated after authorities found a letter containing a threat about anthrax.
Crews responded to the federal court building in the city's historic district around 9:25 a.m. Wednesday.
Fire officials evacuated people from the second floor, but people on other floors remained in the building.
An official said a letter was found, but the investigation revealed it did not contain anthrax or any other dangerous substance.
The FBI has cleared the scene.
hazmat, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 26 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids