1 killed, 1 injured in Delaware shooting
NEW CASTLE, Co., Del. - February 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police are investigating a deadly double shooting in Ardentown, Delaware.
Police were called around 9:30 p.m. Friday to a home in the 1700 block of Apple Tree Lane for reports of multiple gunshots in the area.
When officers arrived, they discovered a man on the ground in front of the residence that had an apparent gunshot wound to his upper body. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim has been identified as 25-year-old Dayvon Neal of Philadelphia.
Police also learned that another man was seen fleeing the scene. He was located a short time later in the area of Harvey Road and Loreley Lane.
Police say the 24-year-old man, also from Philadelphia, sustained a gunshot wound to his lower body.
He was taken to Wilmington Hospital where he was treated for his injury.
Investigators are currently collecting evidence and conducting interviews in reference to the incident.
Anyone with information relating to this crime is asked to contact the New Castle County Police Department at 302-395-8110 or call Crime Stoppers at 800-TIP-3333.
shooting, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 1 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 17 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally