1 killed, 1 injured in Delaware shooting
NEW CASTLE, Co., Del. - February 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police are investigating a deadly double shooting in Ardentown, Delaware.
Police were called around 9:30 p.m. Friday to a home in the 1700 block of Apple Tree Lane for reports of multiple gunshots in the area.
When officers arrived, they discovered a man on the ground in front of the residence that had an apparent gunshot wound to his upper body. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim has been identified as 25-year-old Dayvon Neal of Philadelphia.
Police also learned that another man was seen fleeing the scene. He was located a short time later in the area of Harvey Road and Loreley Lane.
Police say the 24-year-old man, also from Philadelphia, sustained a gunshot wound to his lower body.
He was taken to Wilmington Hospital where he was treated for his injury.
Investigators are currently collecting evidence and conducting interviews in reference to the incident.
Anyone with information relating to this crime is asked to contact the New Castle County Police Department at 302-395-8110 or call Crime Stoppers at 800-TIP-3333.
shooting, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 2 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run 6 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party
- Region prepares for wintry weather
8 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
6 min ago