1 killed, 1 injured in Delaware shooting
NEW CASTLE, Co., Del. - February 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police are investigating a deadly double shooting in Ardentown, Delaware.
Police were called around 9:30 p.m. Friday to a home in the 1700 block of Apple Tree Lane for reports of multiple gunshots in the area.
When officers arrived, they discovered a man on the ground in front of the residence that had an apparent gunshot wound to his upper body. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim has been identified as 25-year-old Dayvon Neal of Philadelphia.
Police also learned that another man was seen fleeing the scene. He was located a short time later in the area of Harvey Road and Loreley Lane.
Police say the 24-year-old man, also from Philadelphia, sustained a gunshot wound to his lower body.
He was taken to Wilmington Hospital where he was treated for his injury.
Investigators are currently collecting evidence and conducting interviews in reference to the incident.
Anyone with information relating to this crime is asked to contact the New Castle County Police Department at 302-395-8110 or call Crime Stoppers at 800-TIP-3333.
shooting, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 7 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 16 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 3 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 1 min ago
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 3 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!