FBI: Serial bank robber hits 4th area bank
ROXBOROUGH - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- The FBI is seeking help finding a man who they say has robbed a fourth area bank in a matter of a few weeks.
It happened a little after 12 noon Sunday at the TD Bank on the 5500 block of Ridge Avenue in Roxborough.
Authorities say the suspect walked in, handed the teller a demand note and got away with an undisclosed amount of money.
He was last seen running north on Ridge Avenue then west on Markle Street.
Police believe the same man unsuccesfully attempted to rob this same bank on Feb. 14.
The three previous incidents were on:
- Feb. 14 at the Sovereign Bank branch on Belmont Avenue in Bala Cynwyd.
-Feb. 12 at the TD Bank on the 400 block of West Lancaster Avenue in Haverford.
-Feb. 2 at the Citizens Bank branch on the 100 block of East City Line Avenue in Bala Cynwyd.
No word on how much money was taken at each location.
The suspect is described as a black male, late 20s to mid-30s, 5'9" to 5'10" tall, medium build, goatee, with dark-framed glasses.
Anyone with information is urged to call the FBI at 215-418-4000. There may be a reward for information leading to the suspect's capture. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, bank robbery, local/state
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge 17 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 29 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House